Saturday, May 9, 2009

Outdoors Bloggers summit - A good resource

Here I go again writing on this blog as frequently as I can because I know that when my job will start demanding more time from me then I will not be able to write more often.

I will however strive to write as many posts as I can during this time frame of next two months. I have heard a lot of bloggers write to schedule but I know for myself that I just do not have that kind of patience and discipline to write every day. You will see no structure at all from me on this blog. I will post a few times during the day for some days and will be posting nothing on some days. This is me.. No discipline.

Again wandering away from the topic of this post, I stumbled upon this great blog written by Kristine which is an attempt to get all the outdoors bloggers to get together and share their passion and interest in the outdoor life. In fact I have been reading vigorously all those blogs which are listed out there.

Thanks Kristine and other founding members to create this wonderful place on the web. I know now for sure that there are so many others which are like me and have some passion for hunting, fishing, trails and outdoors in general.

Another thing which was great was the number of women who are listed out there. I will write about these as and when I do my series on the outdoor blogs that I have been reading. But this is in stark contrast to what we have in India.

I rarely see women venturing outside for outdoor adventures all by themselves. Hunting or fishing will be an absolute no. It stems from the conservative traditional past that we had for years when the women were not even allowed to venture outside of the house for working even. Things have changed a lot after independence but some things are not socially acceptable and having women hunting or fishing is one of them for sure.

Plus I believe the whole costs kind of put it out of reach for most middle class families. Again middle class families generally will have stricter social customs for females than the ultra rich and upper middle class families.

No comments:

Post a Comment